It's never too late to seek help for gambling addiction
Gambling addiction can be a particularly difficult condition to deal with due to the nature of the illness and the misunderstanding towards those who suffer from it. Because of the fact that money and finances are primary triggers, the economic damage can be catastrophic. With a Certificate of Competency in Problem Gambling, William has helped many people with this affliction over the years. Also, financing to provide no-cost gambling treatment is available for residents of Pennsylvania through Pennsylvania's Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs.
If you can answer"YES" to at least seven of these questions, you may be a compulsive gambler.
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money to pay off debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Email [email protected] or call 610-762-2428 to schedule your free initial consultation.
Schedule an initial consultation for help with problem gambling.
Financial assistance is available to those in PA with gambling problems